Click here to make an appointment!As parents, through having children we express our hope for the future world. One of the ways we do that is by trying to parent our children better than we often have been parented ourselves—even as we feel deep love and respect for our own parents.
That means that there is no clear roadmap. The ways in which you were parented no longer fit in today’s world. Perhaps that’s why you’re here. Perhaps you are looking for someone to partner with you as you work to match how you raise your children with your highest and your deepest values. Perhaps you are looking for support as you as you build the family life you want, and as you seek to express your crazy hope for your children and for a better world.
Read on to explore if coaching with me is the right support for you. If you are ready to make an appointment, please click here.
Coaching with me can be an opportunity to:
- Identify the key challenges in your family life today
- Understand the underlying causes of the challenges you face, including the unmet emotional, social or spiritual needs of the members of your family–and your own.
- Learn new tools, practices and concrete strategies to meet needs and bring more ease and joy to family life
- Identify where your family life is aligning with your values and where it is not
- Brainstorm the changes you want to make with an informed thought-partner who understands the complexities and stages of family life
- Develop your own capacity in the areas of emotional, social, and spiritual intelligence.
- Become a stronger and clearer leader of your family
Click here to make an appointment!The concrete issues that can be addressed in coaching include:
- Sleep issues and bedtime routines
- Attachment challenges
- Back-talk, whining, lack of cooperation, and other “problem” behaviors
- Tears, tantrums and meltdowns
- Hitting, biting and aggression in children
- Sibling rivalry
- School and homework struggles
- Morning routines and getting out the door
- Power struggles
- Friend dynamics, bullying, and
- Talking about sex, gender, race and other loaded issues
- Parent stress, yelling, frustration and self-care
Coaching with women in particular, might address the common issues that moms face at various stages of mothering:
- Planning and preparation for a new baby
- Processing your birth story
- Dealing with losses and identity changes as a new mom
- Isolation and loneliness
- Going back to work
- Body image
- Intimacy with your partner
- Transition to becoming a mom-of-two
- Self-care when there is high demand on your attention
- Transition to having kids in school
- Finding yourself (again) as kids become more independent
- Sex-talks, puberty, and dealing with your own triggers
Coaching with couples can address issues such as:
- How do we get on the same page in our parenting styles? What if we can’t?
- How do we come back together after stressful times?
- How can we stop fighting in front of the kids?
- Tools for leading a family together effectively
- Staying connected and maintaining intimacy
- Resentments and misunderstandings when one partner is the “primary” parent and one is the primary breadwinner
- Dealing with gendered dynamics (in same-sex and hetero families)
Click here to make an appointment!We are a good fit if you:
- Are politically progressive and want to live your values at home
- Are a head-and-heart person (or can respect different kinds of “knowing”)
- Want mutually respectful family relationships, even if you don’t know how
- Are open to approaching parenting as a path for learning, growth, and healing
- Want to learn tools, strategies, and practices to support your family life
- Are open to seeing family life as a spiritual practice, even if you have no interest in religion and/or feel turned off by all things “new agey.”
- Are Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Pagan, Spiritual-But-Not-Religious, an open-hearted agnostic or atheist
- Are an artist, writer, change maker or political activist and want to bring your vision and creativity to life in your own family
- Are gay, straight, transgendered, bi-sexual, or straight but queer
- A single parent, monogamously coupled, polyamorously coupled, or in an alternatively structured family
- An adopted parent or a biological parent
- A parent of a child or children from pre-natal to 10 years of age
We may not be a good fit if you:
- Are looking for a quick fix
- Are invested in power-over models of adult-child relationships
- Want to mold your children into who you need them to be
- Want make parenting easy for you
- Hate all things spiritual
- Are a black and white thinker
- Are (still) a Trump supporter
Ready to make an appointment? Click here!